Hull has worked as a premier engineering and consultant firm in contaminated sediment management since the 1980s. Our team has significant experience working on large, multi-faceted remediation and restoration projects. We have worked closely with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to obtain permits, identify opportunities for alternative sediment management and beneficial use of materials.
Hull participates in multiple industry task forces, including the Great Lakes Dredging Team, Western Dredging Association – Midwest Chapter, and the Sediment Management Working Group. We closely follow programs and activities managed by the Lake Erie Commission, the International Joint Commission, numerous NGOs, and locally-based efforts to address Areas of Concern and Sustainable Dredged Material Management Plan. We also served as an appointed peer reviewer of the current USACE wetland delineation manual.
Hull’s services include characterizing sites and materials, completing human health and ecological risk assessments, developing sampling and remedial plans, overseeing remedial activities, completing post-remedy operations and maintenance-related tasks, and completing documentation and reporting throughout project completion. Remediation and restoration experience includes in-situ, as well as ex-situ sediment remediation for RCRA, CERCLA, and CWA 404/401 program requirements. We have completed multiple upland and in-water beneficial use of dredged material projects to address brownfields, agricultural, and construction product uses and to facilitate habitat restoration.
Wolf Creek Habitat Restoration & Sediment/Nutrient Reduction Project
Lucas County, OH
Cuyahoga Valley Industrial Center
Great Lakes Dredged Material Center for Innovation
Port of Toledo
- Beneficial Use of Dredged Materials
- Material Management Plans
- Material Certification Plans
- Preparation of sampling plans, bathymetric studies, and QAPPs
- Field sampling and lab analysis for chemical, geotechnical, and habitat characterization
- Assessment of scouring, riffle sediment, particle size distribution, littoral drift, sedimentation rates
- Human health and ecological risk assessments Remedial Investigations/Feasibility Studies, including RCRA, CERCLA, NEPA, CWA, and requirements
- Remedial Design/Remedial Action, including RCRA, CERCLA, NEPA, CWA, and requirements
- Bid specifications and document preparation, Construction oversight, and Contract administration
- Site status monitoring and reporting
- Post-remedy/restoration confirmation sampling